Almost at the half way mark of 2017 and Northwood continues to be a hub of cultural activity!
Here’s a little highlight of what’s been happening this year so far:
- The newly formed Northwood Choir had great success performing at the Northlands Girls’ Choir Festival
- Julian Gaul (grd 11) & Mitchell Kruger (grd 10), along with Old Boys Sphe Zungu and Chayce Tyne accompanied Mr Scott to perform at Carnegie Hall in New York with the KZN Youth Wind Band – they WON the competition.
- Northwood songster Andrew Sutton has been up and down the country opening for the likes of Gangs of Ballet and Matthew Mole.
Watch out for his solo EP soon!
- Numerous works from the Visual Arts Department are on their way to Shenzhen, China to be part of a huge African art exchange and exhibit.
- The Band Drummers added masses of energy on the final stretch of the ECR Big Walk performing with Drum Majorettes and Cheerleaders.
- Lwazi Motha (grd 11), along with his partner were placed FIRST in the Dolphin Latin and Ballroom Challenge. They won both the Latin AND Ballroom sections!
- Further afield, Old Boy Luke Lovemore continues to succeed as he moves into the final rounds in Team Lira on The Voice SA.
- Gangs of Ballet, made up of Old Boys Josh & Brad Klynsmith and Jono Rich, grow bigger by the day, their latest single Follow, is moving fast up the charts.
Don’t forget the upcoming Northwood Musical 16 – 18 August.
Tickets sales will open soon!